Photo Credit: Gingersnaps Photography
Taylor Swift…. Some people adore her… and others well not so much. I personally adore her. Her music is fun but what I adore most about her is her character.
In every interview that I have seen she is always laid back, down to earth, and humble.
Although I am definitely not her biggest fan, I do appreciate who she is and the role model she is.
Recently there has been a video going around that really hit home with me. I included it at the end of this post if you haven’t seen it yet!
Taylor has THOUSANDS of Fans if not MILLIONS. And yet she finds ways to be personable with so many.
During Christmas she personally went shopping, packaged, and mailed out several Christmas presents to her fans. What a surprise this was!
Now I know this girl is busy. And she could have easily not have done this or even passed this idea to someone else to do for her.
However, she wanted to be personable and personally show her appreciation to some fans. I LOVE this! I watched this video and gained a whole new respect for this girl.
I don’t believe she did it for publicity. I believe this is just who she is. And her heart for her fans has definitely shown throughout these past years.
After watching the video, It really solidified what I was already trying to put into our business model. And that is quality over quantity.
Taylor definitely has the quantity however she has put in the quality over and over again.
This model actually applies to every aspect in life. However, I really want to focus on our clients.
Recently I have read “The Guide” By Justin & Mary Marantz. ( If you are a small business owner/Photographer I highly recommend purchasing).
In this guide Justin & Mary talk about being more than a transaction with our clients. It is about building trust and upon that trust a relationship.
We are not looking to be best friends with our couples. Again I believe in having quality relationships over many best friends!
However, Luke & I do want to be more than a transaction. We want our couples to be comfortable, confident, and most importantly trust us.
We are there to capture one of the most important days in a couples life. These pictures will be heirlooms that will be passed down from generation to generation. And to gain trust we believe in loving on our clients.
So how do we Luke & Ashley Love on our couples???
1. We believe in gifts! Everyone loves gifts! We don’t spend a fortune but we make sure that we send them little gifts and surprises along the way to remind them that we are thinking of them and we are truly excited about their big day. And we honestly are.
2. We respond to them. This is crucial! I know when I email/message someone I expect a timely response. How much more do our couples deserve a timely response from us. They have invested in us and we take their questions/concerns very seriously.
3. We pray for them. Now this might not sit well with some people. And if so then they are not the client for us. We believe Marriage is a lifetime decision. We know Marriage takes work. And we want ALL of our couples to have healthy successful marriages. Every wedding on our way or in the parking lot Luke & I pray. We pray not only that the day goes well, our equipment work, etc… But we pray for the couple. We pray for happiness and longevity. We pray for strength and forgiveness. We believe in prayer and because our couples are important to us we pray for them.
4. We speak highly of them. We don’t speak ill of our clients. We don’t believe in it. Period.
5. We keep in contact with them after the wedding. Social Media is a great thing! If my couples are on social media, I follow them. This helps me keep up with them and see what is going on their life afterward. I love seeing the honeymoon pictures, and of course ultrasound pictures! We were there to celebrate their marriage and we want to be able to celebrate with them through their milestones together.
I encourage all photographers and small business owners to find ways to love on their clients.
It will make you stand out from your competition, but even more than that it makes what you do more personable and more rewarding.
Just like Taylor find ways to give back!
How & Why You Should Love On Your Clients
Hampton Roads, Northern Virginia & Worldwide Wedding Photographers
Follow along on Instagram
Tell us where to send you the goods