Alright Ladies, we have talked all about Getting Ready and how important window light is in your room.
We love that we are a husband and wife team. When it comes to getting ready it is easy for us to split up and capture both the girls and the guys during this special moment of prepping and preparing for the big moment! I usually head off with the girls, and Luke is with the guys. This makes our time more efficient and ensures that we don’t miss anything!
Now let’s stop and think about those guys of yours. Most of the time we tend to throw them in a room, let them do their thing, and forget about em! ( Well at least until the First Look or ceremony) 🙂
However, we have come to realize that we cannot just throw them into any room and we must direct them just a little.
Here are 5 Getting Ready Tips For Your Groom:
1. Be sure that there is plenty of elbow room. Guys like to have fun and be relaxed. There is nothing more uncomfortable than being in a tight room trying to get ready with all your friends. So go for a place where there is plenty of room to move around and most of all be comfortable.
2. Window light. Yes Window Light is important for the guys too! Having a good window in the room will definitely make for some nice pictures! Also, go for a room if possible with more neutral colors. This is not always possible and we do understand, however, keep it in mind when choosing your rooms.
3. If your guy plans to shave the day of, have him wait for the photographer to arrive. These are some fun shots that you will definitely want to see in your wedding gallery!
4. Just like we tell the girls, have your groom put all his small details in a bag/or box for the photographer to take pictures of. Think of cufflinks, tie, socks, watch, cologne, and anything else that might be special to him that day. It makes it easy when they are all in one place and ready to go.
5. A good photographer will work with you to create a timeline for you. A timeline will help you know when the photographer should be arriving. Unless the groom is planning to shave, he should be dressed by the time we arrive. We have him wait to put on his jacket, tie, and shoes until we get there. Again, this will help things run smoothly and give us time to take some time to take some awesome groomsmen shots!
These are just a few tips to think of when it comes to your groom. He is important too and we must not forget about him!
Please comment below with any ideas you might have when it comes to getting ready!