Why Hello There Gorgeous Bride To Be!
Today I want to discuss your engagement session and what you should wear. I was just emailing one of my brides today on what to wear, and thought I should just do a blog about this!
So here are my tips on What to wear during your engagement session!
1. Wear layers. Layers add dimension to your pictures and look really great if done right. I love how these two dressed for their session.
A long blue loose cardigan for her and an open jacket for him.
2. Girls, unless you have amazing arms and want to show them off, try to avoid sleeveless shirts/dresses.
The camera will highlight your arms more than you will want it to.
3. I suggest getting hair & makeup done professionally. Why not treat yourself? However, if that is just not in the cards that is okay! Keep things natural and remember to highlight your eyes. If you know how to contour then that is a plus! Here is a good tutorial that I found on contouring. The Beauty Department. Remember again to keep things natural! And don’t forget your eyebrows!
4. Wear Nude heels/wedges if you want your legs to appear longer! However, don’t get stuck on this tip because colored shoes are a way to add a POP of color into the picture!
5. Accessorize! If you love jewelry then don’t be afraid to wear it! Chunky necklaces, bracelets always look good! And don’t forget to get that ring cleaned beforehand so we can catch that bling!
6. Remember these are just tips, Most importantly…Show off your personality and what looks great on you!
Looking forward to shooting some AMAZING Engagement Sessions this summer!
Until Next Time, Ashley
Hampton Roads, Northern Virginia & Worldwide Wedding Photographers
Follow along on Instagram
Tell us where to send you the goods